Octomore Edition 13.3 Islay Barley
- Country of Produce: Scotland
- Whiskey Type: Single Malt
- ABV: 61.1%
- Bottle Volume: 70cl
- Distillery: Bruichladdich (Islay)
Octomore 13.3 is distilled from barley grown on Islay, on one singular farm and demonstrates the phenomenal force of flavour when combining super-heavy peat with the variable harvests gathered from the island of Islay. This release is matured in a foundational parcel of first fill ex-American whiskey barrels and a supplementary selection of second fill European oak casks, hailing from the Rivesaltes region of France and the Ribera del Duero region of Spain.
- Malted to 129.3 ppm
- Distilled in 2016 from the 2015 harvest from 100% Scottish grown Concerto barley
- Matured entirely on Islay for five years
- Bottled unchill-filtered and colouring free at Bruichladdich Distillery, 61.1% alc. / vol
Nose: Peat smoke, with alpine herbs, soft gingerbread, and crisp apples.
Palate: Sweet, delicate smoke, with caramelised honey, shortbread, Ovaltine, and hints of waxy lemon peel.
Finish: Peat builds to a crescendo, with savoury oats, and fruit compote.