WD O'Connell 20 Year Single Malt - PX Series
- Country of Produce: Ireland
- Whiskey Type: Single Malt
- ABV: 49.5%
- Bottle Volume: 70cl
- Distillery: Cooley
- Limited to 300 bottles
- Matured in a first-fill ex-bourbon cask for 17 years.
- Matured an additional 3 years and 5 months in an ex-Pedro Ximenez sherry cask.
- Distilled at Cooley Distillery, Co. Louth
This PX 20 marks the end of the first series of PX releases since it’s inception. This was an introduction to a style of single malt whiskeys that saw the continued progression of four single casks from the same distillate. While this particular single cask marks the end of this series, W.D. O’ Connell will soon begin another.
Nose: Vanilla dusted sultanas make their signature return. Tart currants, candied oranges with oak shavings & crushed malt.
Palate: Raspberry & gooseberry, white grapefruit zest & juicy sultanas. Spice intermingled across Pedro Ximenez’ distinct tannin & date sweetness.
Finish: Toasted oak, roasted hazelnuts, & red berries weighted by rich PX sweetness.